- Any kind of stagecraft is welcome; we invite choreography, theater, music, poetry, comedy, juggling, acrobatics, monologues, performance art, or any other form of presentational work.
- There is no limit to the number of times an artist can participate in the program, however under circumstances in which we cannot accommodate all applicants, those who have not yet participated in WAXworks will be given precedence.
- Your work must be 12 minutes or less!
- Once again, works-in-progress are highly recommended!
- $30 NON-REFUNDABLE Application fee (paid via PayPal/Credit Card). An application without the $30 application fee will NOT be considered!
- Accurately completed application form.
**APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS – APPLY EARLY!**
OPTIONAL PRESS KIT
We offer feedback on press kits postmarked by the application deadline. If you would like feedback on press materials please include as much of the following as possible, in a sturdy folder please:
- Business card
- Resume (1 page only)
- Artist statement (also requested below)
- Reviews or Listings (newspaper, magazine, online articles, etc.)
- Past Press Materials (programs, postcards, or press releases, etc.)
The $20 production fee covers a portion of the costs assumed by WAX for marketing materials, performance space rental, production crew, and video documentation for your showcase. It can be paid via PayPal. You will NOT be permitted to participate if we do not receive your production fee on time.
This contract asks that you agree to your submission's details. This means that we encourage you to present the piece with which you applied, i.e. if you submit a 10-minute trio, we ask that you try to present a 10-minute trio. That being said, as WAXworks is a work-in-progress series, we are flexible and willing to discuss the options as your work develops.
If there are no available slots in the season, you may be offered an alternate slot. As an alternate, you may be asked to step into a showcase on very short notice. Please be prepared to provide the production fee and all other requirements in a timely manner.
Artists are expected to leave their schedule open from 2pm-10pm on the dates of the showcases they indicate. You will be given a 30 minute tech time slot to rehearse, set cues, and run the piece the day of the performance – there is no dress rehearsal, and tech times are non-negotiable! Remember that this is a shared evening and very extensive technical needs can be time-consuming and troublesome. You will have 3-4 minutes before and after you perform to set-up or strike. It is best to simplify and be prepared!
*NOTE: You and ALL your performers must be present at tech rehearsal. All elements must be used in tech rehearsal, i.e. props, projector, live music, make-up, costumes, etc.
ALL participating artists are required to sign a liability waiver at your tech rehearsal. This waiver protects WAX and Triskelion Arts.
LINK TO REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE
We will require a link to footage of your submitted work two weeks prior to your showcase date. We use this information to program each showcase, so the video does not need to be high quality, but must reflect the work as accurately as possible.
To celebrate the unique artists participating in WAXworks we post Artist Features for each showcase. If you are interested in participating we will ask you to provide ready-to-post high-res photos and video and an optional blog entry about your upcoming showcase.